TESOL English language course can be taken in two ways:
- ADVANCE TESOL CERTIFICATE PROGRAM – ONLINE foundation course + 1 ONLINE specialization course
- ADVANCE TESOL CERTIFICATE PROGRAM – IN CLASS foundation course + 1 ONLINE specialization course
- ADVANCE TESOL CERTIFICATE PROGRAM – ONLINE foundation course + 1 ONLINE specialization course. It consists of two parts: a basic part called “Foundation course” which is taken online with the help of instructions that you receive in the mail by Global Tesol College after your application to the program and “Specialization course” which gives you the opportunity to you specialize in a specific area that is mostly defined by the age of the target group you will be teaching. Both parts of the course consist of a series of required literature and videos that you must master before taking the final test.
- ADVANCE TESOL SERTIFICATE PROGRAM – IN CLASS foundation course + ONLINE specialization course. This course also consists of two parts, the only difference being in the way the “Foundation course” is taken. The IN CLASS course is held live for 5 days in the presence of authorized TESOL lecturers from Canada in Serbia. Depending on the place of residence of the majority of candidates, it is decided whether the course will be held in Novi Sad or Belgrade. The course will start on Wednesday and end on Sunday. The first three days you will have a training of 5 hours a day, the last two days you will have a lecture of 9 hours a day. The course will provide you with everything you need. This part of the course is followed by taking the “Specialization course” which is taken online on the same principle as the previous way of taking the course.
The TESOL course consists of a series of activities that teach you, in addition to the English language itself, how to teach a language in a country where your mother tongue is not spoken, as well as ways to adapt to the new social and cultural environment. Each course starts with the application of at least 12 candidates, and at most 24, so that mutual interaction is necessary.
Upon completion of any type of course you receive 3 certificates:
- certificate for passed 60 hours of “Foundation course”
- certificate for passed 60 hours of “Specialization course”
- certificate for passed 120 hours of ADVANCE TESOL program which combines the previous two certificates.